Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2008 23:20:21 -0800
I would call the authorities right away about the bands. That is
ridiculous. Also, Petland has always been a problem in Michigan but
that was years ago that I dealt with them. Mostly chinchillas and
other small animals that were very poorly taken care of.

If their eyes are matted they may be infected with distemper, or just
irritated. Just call the corporate office. I know with Petsmart, they
can be scared into fixing things by saying you will contact PETA,
although that is not always going to work. Petsmart has many internal
documents stating that avoiding PETA protests or publicity stunts by
keeping animals in good condition is an employee's #1 priority!
However, Petlands are more like franchises - so YMMV. Also, just check
online for your nearest animal control and search their website. Lodge
complaints. I don't know, folks, who can help her out in West Virginia?

Laryssa