From:
"HARRISON,REGINA,MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 1996 11:05:33 EDT
Hi all--
Well, after a year and a half of ferret ownership, I'm facing my first sick
ferret.  On Thursday afternoon, Amelia threw up liquid a couple of times.
She has thrown up hair before, so I thought I'd just keep an eye on her.
Well, Thursday evening she threw up for several minutes, just producing
bile, and was as sad and listless as can be.  So Friday, we went to the vet.
The obvious seemed to be an obstruction, but x-rays showed nothing (BTW,
x-rays also showed everything inside is normal).  So we're assuming it's a
flu (I had one earlier in the week) and she's on .2ml Amoxil per day for a
week.  She was absolutely fine on Thursday morning, even playing with Cully.
Any suggestions for other medical problems to look for?  We injected fluids
at the vet's, since she wasn't eating or drinking.  She is drinking on her
own now, but I don't think she's eaten since Thurs afternoon, so I'm going
to try out everything in the FAQ on her today.  She's young, just a year and
three- quarters or so (birthday in October).  Any advice appreciated!

On another subject-- Terry seems like a wonderfully appropriate name for
Dayna's rescue.  That little ferret's pluck is inspirational.

Regina
Amelia ("mom, i don't feel so good...)
Cully (whaddaya mean, I can't bite Amelia?)