From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 15:49:31 -0600
Hi Everyone,

Just a couple of things to say.  First off, the newsletter that I had
planned on doing, I have decided to shelve.

I have, unfortunately, grown weary of fighting the maliscious lies spread
about me and it is obvious, even to this thick headed woman, that if I were
to do this project, I would be entirely on my own.  And this is exactly what
I did not want to do.

Secondly, I will not be attending the anniversary party, for the above
stated reasons.

I am just very tired of being questioned on my motives, I am very tired of
looking stupid (I do that well enough without outside help) and I am very
tired of trying to explain myself when I haven't done anything but care
about someone.

I am blunt, I don't lie, and I also don't feel a great need to tell everyone
here how much I do for charity all the time.  I do things that no one knows
about.  I don't do them to feed my ego, I don't do them to inflict myself on
anyone else, I do them, have always done them because I love animals, and I
love my ferrets more than anything.

And the fact that anyone who has talked with me can actually accuse me of
not caring tells me exactly how many lies have been told.

So I am sorry, I will have to back off from helping anywhere.  It is in no
ones best interest at this point.

All my best,

Maggie