From:
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 11:33:07 EDT
I'm sorry if I sounded like I was putting down Calif ferret owners in my
post the other day.  When I said Yuck, I just meant that Cal is a state
where ferrets are illegal to own.  And in reference to the people that
called animal control on me, i just figured they were from Cal because they
wanted a ferret that weekend, even though I didn't have one they really
liked, they wanted one of my ferrets that the adoption fee was low on.
These people were scum of the earth, and didn't deserve to own a ferret.
I have many friends in Cal that are ferret lovers and I rescue ferrets out
of Cal when needed.  I used to live there many moons ago.  So I'm sorry if
I offened anyone.  I have been very upset about things and don't quite word
things properly, which is why I don't post more often.  Things can be taken
the wrong way.

On the 2 ferrets I rescued and the one was starved to death, I was asked
why I didn't report the owners.  Well, I got an anon call about them and
the person left them outside for me to pick up.  I did call animal control
and the media about it.  AC can't do anything because we don't know who the
owners are, and the media wouldn't help me put out a story so that maybe
someone who knew the owners could contact me so I could report them.  i
guess if Mike Tyson is not involved with the ferrets, the media doesn't
care.

I will try to get more stories on my webpage asap, but my dad is in the
hospital, he has swelling on the brain and doesn't remember things, so I'm
spending as much time as I can with him.  Also one of my best buddys Holly
is going to the hospital on Wed to have her foot amputated, so I'll be
there helping her also.

I went on a rescue yesterday, the people were going to set them free if I
couldn't pick them up.  They had them in the garage because they stunk.
When I got there the girl asked me why they stunk so bad.  I replied, Well
if you didn't shower for a @#%&*@# month and sat in your own $%@# you
would stink too.  i asker her to get me a damp cool rag because they were
overheating and she said she didn't know if they had one, I said, oh i
think you do.  so she promptly found one.  i'm sure she thought I was nuts.
The boys are doing good, one is thin but they will be ok.  I'm not usually
that rude but, i do have a breaking point.

Again apologies to anyone I offened.

Take care,
Cj
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter