From:
Sharon Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:30:53 PDT
Today during a routine exam our vet found that Echo's spleen was slightly
enlarged.  This is his only symptom of any problem.  (We were there because
Echo and Tally had been sneezing alot the last two days.) Of course they
did two xrays and a CBC; which is pending.  The xrays were not very
conclusive and Echo is a healthy 2lbs 8oz that plays and eats and poops as
usual.  Our vet said; of course, if his CBC is abnormal then surgery to
remove the spleen is suggested.  But if his CBC is okay, perhaps it is just
a old spleenic fracture that healed funny, and it is our option to have
exploratory surgery.  His kidneys and everything else looks normal on xray.
I would appreciate any suggestions about this, as it is the first time that
we have been through anything like it at our house.  Thank you.