From:
Lynn & Bob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:18:53 +0000
We have three ferrets with the tatoo on the ear from MF, and BELIEVE ME,
they hear just fine.  The other one we have, Sharkie who doesn't have a
tatoo IS deaf.  You can't assume a tatoo means medical problems.  Tatooing
could be just to let you know they are neutered and descented, they are
from a certain breeder, but it doesn't always mean deaf.  Like I said we
have three with that tatoo and they all hear just fine, they are so perky
and alert when they hear something.

Bob