Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 09:19:46 EDT
My profound thanks to all those who wrote me about Cully-- it helps some...
I am trying to be like an oyster: when an oyster gets some sand inside it
and feels pain, it starts covering the sand with nacre until the sand
grains have become a smooth, round pearl carried inside the oyster.  I am
trying to wrap the pain of loss in memories of happy, sweet, silly times
so that I have a pearl of good Cully memories inside me, to carry around
forever.  Sometimes I almost feel like I am holding him in my arms again,
and I dreamed of him last night, so I think it's working.  Still, it hurts.

My condolences to anyone else facing a similar situation.  Hug all your
fuzzies tight... (until they squirm and say quit it, anyway)

Regina

Regina Harrison  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Lofts/1083
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Labyrinth/8096

               ...melancholia, mon cher...