From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 13:26:33 -0500
>my vet's best guess was Auto immune Hemolytic Anemia

We lost two last year to Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia.  We first noticed it
as a yellowing of the muzzle and feet pads, which spread through the skin.
The first we didn't catch right away until it was well advanced.  He died in
a matter of days.  The second was an albino which we caught very early.

Treatment for the second one was massive doses of pediapred to try to shut
down the immume system.  That did not work.  He died in about 2 weeks.  From
what I've been able to tell, it's a rare condition.  It was apparently just
a roll of the dice that we had two in such a short period of time.

Yours was the only other case I've heard of so far.

Dick B.