From:
Chris & Glenda Gergory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:07:03 -0500
Here's the story of Cerino.  He is now 4 years old.  He is now a beautiful
sable, but when he was born he was an ugly duckling.  his mom was an
albino, and his dad a sable, so we didnt know how he would turn out.

For some reason, his mother decided not to let him drink or eat when he was
four weeks old.  She wouldn't let him nurse.  My wife noticed this when he
started to cry.  She watched for hours, and when she saw what was going on,
She took the lil guy, whose eyes and ears hadnt opened yet.  He had no fur
on either feet or tail.  His siblings had already opened their eyes and had
a full coat of fur.  So we had to feed him by hand.  We mixed Pedialyte in
with some food that we softened up as a mush for him to eat, and he ate
like a pig.  After a few weeks, Cerino became a handsome Prince ferret.

Well on to the story at hand.  One day my wife had to go to town and leave
him with me.  I had had a right sided stroke so I couldnt get around to
good.  As a joke my wife asked Cerino to watch over Daddy and keep me in
the house.  She prayed while she was gone that when she got home, She
wouldn't find me outside in the yard passed out.  Her prayer was answered
ten fold.  When she got home she found me asleep on the flooralong with
Cerino.

I told my wife that when I would try to get up Cerino would tug on my pants
leg and hold on to it.  So I was afraid I would fall and hurt Cerino or
myself, so I laid down on the floor and was rewarded with a big ferret
kiss.  I said she couldn't have picked a better babysitter if she tried.
Cerino also detects when I am going to have a seizure and will do the same
thing until I lay down on the floor and lil Cerino lies down and watches
over me until the seizure is over.  He has help me through a lot of them
and protects me when he can.  this has been witnessed by several people
and my doctor.

So it is a true fact that Ferrets can Detect seizure they are very
sensitive to our moods and reactions and can detect when we are sick or
down in the heart.  And do their best to make the situation better by
trying to cheer us up or comfort us in their own special way.

Chris aka (Dobro)