From:
Jaime Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:54:01 -0700
If I may just second what Risa said:
>I like having the cross posts on the FML.  We have lost some ferret
>experts from the FML and I like getting little updates about important
>health issues.  [...] I don't feel the need to be deeply into medical
>issues, although I like to stay aware of such things.

Like any subject on this list or others, just skip it if it's not in your
interest.  It's a matter of hitting the page down button a few times.
Some people said they subscribe to both lists so don't want to have to see
cross posts- well if you have all that time to write the lengthly protests
about these posts then you probably have a few secs to hit "page down".
For those of us who are really pressed for time (I am subscribed to the
FHL but have not had time to read it since I subscribed), this cross
posting is wonderful.

I would like to know who chooses which ones to cross-post (it may have
been mentioned recently but I haven't had time to read all the comments)-
regardless, it makes me feel like I'm at least getting a few important
medical messages and keeping up with some stuff.  If I see something that
I want to know more about I can further research it on my own.  The loss
of Dr. Bruce Williams to this list was devastating and we should feel
lucky that he and other vets continue to post so much on one of the lists
and that we still have the privilege of free access to their knowledge.

C'mon guys, let's stop arguing and get back to the ferrets- seems like
people here forget all too often why we're on members this list.