From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2009 01:12:02 -0400
Dear Cheryl & John,

I was just heading back from the Bridge when I was bowled over by three
rampaging ferrets. One of them was Hobbes and the other two .........
who I would find out as I was trying to read the scroll ......... were
Franklin and Linus.

I have to tell you, it took some time to understand what was going on,
and being said, because all three were chattering over each other to
the point where I couldn't get a dook in edge wise. But when all was
said and done, I found out that Nina was on her way and I needed to
get my fuzzy butt back up to The Bridge!

Franklin was going on about how he was so excited to get to see Nina
and that he *just* had to tell her that being here was even better
then the time he got out for the evening a few years back, and even
though he had met some really nice people, this place is even better
then that, but not nearly as good as home, and Linus was just asking
all about Lucy and hoping she was doing ok, and could he - please,
p l e a s e - be the one to take Nina to the Viewing Pool to show her
that she could see you guys anytime she wanted, and all Hobbes wanted
for me to do was take the darn scroll so he could be on his way.

I remember being excited right along with Franklin, because while I may
have tried to get outside myself, I never did, and at the same time as
I was listening to him I was telling Linus that *YES* he could show
Nina the Viewing Pool, and as I was doing all of that I quickly made
a grab for the scroll out of Hobbes paw. Then I gave him a nice loud
raspberry followed by an even louder "Thank you Mr. Grouchy pants!!"

He was a grouch when he lived at home with our mom and dad and even
though he got promoted right away to Official Courier, he was still
grouchy!!!

So let me tell you about the day we had. When I first woke up, there
was a light drizzle going on and a loud pounding on my door. When I
opened it I was rewarded by a swift kick to the ankle by this pygmy
hedgehog and several ferrets surrounding a lovely John Deere tractor -
needless to say I just *had* to go for a ride on it and it was a real
wild ride that ended with me getting to meet one of the most personable
fuzzits I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. His name is Herbert :)

I imagine you know who I am talking about, so you can also imagine
how happy I was to have been there for him when he arrived and what a
heavenly high I was on when I had the wind knocked out of me by Hobbes,
Franklin and Linus! Teach me to have my head in the clouds huh? At
any rate, that rain just made everything smell fresh and sweet and
everything glimmered and glowed and it looked like a dreamy, springtime
wonderland and I though ......... well we *ALL* thought, what a
beautiful day this was to great a most beautiful fuzzit named Nina.

We started walking to the Bridge, when out of nowhere I could hear this
lady singing. It was one of my all time favourite songs and I didn't
even have to see her to know who it was ....... It was the lovely and
soulful Ms Nina Simone and she came onto the path and walked right up
to us and scooped the three of us up in her arms and she continued
singing.

Birds flying high you know how I feel
Sun in the sky you know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by you know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me, and I'm feeling good

Fish in the sea you know how I feel
River running free you know how I feel
Blossom on the tree you know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me, and I'm feeling good

Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don't you know
Butterflies all havin' fun you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when day is done
That's what I mean

And this old world is a new world
And a bold world for me

Stars when you shine you know how I feel
Scent of the pine you know how I feel
Oh freedom is mine
And I know how I feel

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For Nina, and she's going to be feeling good.

As she sang the last notes of the song, we saw this soft pink glow
coming across the Bridge, and in the midst of it was Nina. She was
walking so slow, and looking all around her at everything - but who
could blame her on this wonderful, magical day? In her one of her arms,
she held tightly to this cute, plaid stuffed bunny rabbit, and with
the other she was dragging a small pink wagon, that had stenciled on
the side "Worst People Foods" and looked like it was filled with a
wide variety of ummmm condiments and cheese products???

Well Franklin and Linus were so excited to see her that they squirmed
right outta Ms. Simone's arms and ran off to greet Nina and as you
can imagine, they bowled her right on over as well. I have discovered
many things since arriving her at The Bridge and chiefly among them is
this ..... Girls like to giggle ......... a lot ......... and boys,
well we gotta be rough and tumble-like. And me, I just sat there, all
comfy in Ms. Simone's arms and let her cuddle me for awhile and watched
as Nina, Franklin and Linus hugged and kissed and dooked their little
hearts out.

Afterwards, Nina told me a few things to send on to you both. First
off, she loves you guys so very much and she said she could not have
imagined a better home then the one she had with all of you. Next she
wanted me to tell you to let Lucy know she did a great job as her
nurse, and she hopes that she will be able to follow in her paw prints
and be of comfort to those who are here and are in need and lastly, she
wants you to know that when it is your time to come here, she is going
to be the very first one to greet you, and she is going to have plenty
of kisses waiting for the BOTH of you!

She is whole and beautiful and as you put it best, a little, silver
cutie!

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah