From:
David and Serena <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 1996 21:16:29 -0500
>From:    William Alan Killian <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: HSUS statement
>I'm glad someone else noticed the problems remaining in the HSUS statement.

I would have to agree with the way that the HSUS statement is worded.
Having a pet, ANY PET, is a heavy duty responsibilty.  While I love my
ferrets, I know that they require more care, especially for your first
ferret while you you are still learning about the temperament of ferrets and
their special nutritional needs, ect.  For a first time ferret owner,
ferrets can be overwhelming.  They are WONDERFUL pets, don't get me wrong,
but if a few cautions keeps someone who is unprepared for the special needs
of ferrets from purchasing one, then I have to cheer.  I hate hearing
stories of ferret owners abandoning their pets simply because they were not
prepared to care for them.  I love ferrets, and I know that anyone who loves
them as much as I do won't be put off by knowing that they require a bit
more care(mostly due to their small size).  Anyone who would be deterred
from purchasing a ferret after reading the new HSUS policy, probably isn't
ready for the committment of caring for one.

        Just my thoughts...

Serena, David & the fuzz-collectors- Calliope and Zen
    "I like nonsense!  It wakes up the brain cells.  Fantasy is a necessary
ingredient in living.  It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end
of the telescope... which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at all
of life's realities."  --Theodor Geisel (AKA Dr. Suess)