From:
Tina McFeaters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 07:12:39 EST
>I'd suggest a carrier or better yet, a small hutch 24"X24" with nothing
>more than a towel in it...for the ferret's time out...no toys...just the
>towel to cover the floor.  And place the hutch/carrier in a high traffic
>area that way he sees that if he behaves, he can come out and play so
>long as he doesn't bite.

I use the pet carriers that I have for vet visits for this purpose.  I
never use there cage as time out or punishment.  They get a blanket in
the bottom of it, no food, no water.  Not that I am being mean, but they
are not in there long enough to need that.  Now when we go to the vet to
avoid confusion, I switch blankets, put in toys and also give them food
and treats and water.  I only leave the offending ferret in the carrier
for three minutes tops.  NO more than that as I really think that
anything longer in time, they will forget what they did wrong to make
them go in there in the first place.  I have found this works really
well.  I put the carrier right in the living room and that way Jasper,
and I say Jasper as he is the one that tends to be in trouble the most,
can see Lucy running and playing.

By the way a great new toy that the kids just love are Easter eggs.  The
ones that are plastic and you can put jelly beans or whatever in.  I have
them in a big storage container and I just get the container out, take
off the lid and they have a ball in there.  Lucy chases them all over the
house once she gets one out and Jasper just digs and digs in it.

Hope this helps some.

Sincerely, Tina and the Fuzzie Duo.