From:
Karen Daigneault <"[log in to unmask]"@BEALENET.COM>
Date:
Sun, 10 May 1998 08:08:45 -0500
Hello all,

Well, Jason, have you counted the new grew hairs you've acquired from this
one?  Prayers to Sammy and you and a special kiss to Doris and Buddy!
Sammy's got one heck of a support team!!!!

A small bout of ECE swept through the house, - everyone is back in track,
except poor little Daisy was hit the hardest.  She's somewhat in isolation -
in her own cage so I can moniter her food/water intake, although Robbie has
taken to keeping her company and snuggling with her.  Mommy Robbie, bless
her heart....Daisy got real skinny it seemed overnight (I agree, Jason,
*watch* the fuzzies!).  Duck soup prepared, frozen and waiting, Daisy
struggled big time to eat it at first.  Now?=20 She waits for Mommy to come
get her!  She loves the stuff and she's filling out again and her poops are
almost normal.  Her little eyes have mischief and curosity in them instead
of that sad, despondent look...

Sammie accompanied Manna and I to the beach at the lake where I live a few
weekends ago.  He had an ABSOLUTE blast.  Everyone was amazed at how deep a
hole he could dig, and a couple of times he took a short swim in the lake
as to not get overheated.  (Yes he was on his harness and leash).  Everyone
was oooh, awwwwing about him, of course, he's so beautiful!  When time for
Mom to sunbathe, Sammie curled up next to my head, put his head on my arm,
and promptly fell asleep.  Someone walked by and made some comment about
"Madonna and child" - how awesome it looked to see me and "my ferret"
snuggled together on the beach.

A very nice gentleman was so enamoured with him.  He just kept saying how
beautiful he was and would I mind if he took Sammie over to the others on
the boat that just pulled up.  I am very protective of my ferts, and don't
normally let people pick them up, whatnot.  Manna said she would walk over
with him, so he picks Sammie up, puts him on his shoulder and takes him
over to meet the other people.  He informed me "that my baby would be fine,
that he would take the upmost care of him and not let too many people touch
him.  Obviously this guy was a fert person...

I watched intently, as Sammie's little head went bopping over to meet the
guys with Sammie's eyes never leaving me, once.  We had a wonderful time
that day!

Oh, one more small thing: I put my daughter's plastic slide in the
ferret room.  It's one of those that very small children use.  The
ferts love it!  :=DE

Sammie:  "mommy?  Where is this guy taking me?"
Robbie:  "I am the *last* one that needs duck soup, - but it tastes
          soooo good"
Hopps:  "I'm losing my winter coat and have a beautiful white ring
         around my tail"
Samantha:  "I was skinny just like Daisy, but now I'm back to normal and
            love to climb on Mommy's back and ride around"
Daisy:  "Duck soup, Mom?  Uh, Mom, duck soup!"
Bubba:  "forget the duck soup, give me craisions"