From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:47:28 -0400
Re: "scooting" or, as it's more properly called, "bumwalking".

There's a scene in the movie "The Fisher King" where the character played by
Robin Williams does the same thing in New York's Central Park (if you
haven't seen the movie, I won't bother to explain the scene...), and he says
something like "Did you ever wonder why dogs drag their butts across the
grass after they go to the bathroom?  Because IT FEELS GOOD!"

I'm sure that ferrets don't do it to mark their territory.  Hell, the whole
house has already been thoroughly marked for years!
<-------Stan Siatkowski------<<<        Stan & Terrie in Toronto with
<---Toronto Archery Supply---<<<      Mookie,Cecil,Psycho,Cocoa & Stash