From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:31:01 EDT
Pepto-I asked my vet and there is a difference between Pepto that you get
in the store, and vet prescribed pepto.  The formulations are different.
So where one is ok for them, the other may not be.

My vet told me very recently, that Pepto Bismal has added aspirin to
their mix and that I should never use any Pepto newer than a year old
because of the aspirin.  The company rep told him.  Also, he warned me
to not use kapectate for the same reason.  sigh...why do companies have
to go mess up a good thing?!

Barb and her 6 whirling dervishes...Cher, Hope, Jake, Kate, Sam and Tess