From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2007 12:22:51 -0400
Inez,
I deeply empathize with what you are going through! I have had the
biggest bugger of a time trying to get a place with my little ones, I
even thought about posting to the list to see if there was anyone in my
area who needed a roommate! The lease is up on my current place, and
with the apartment I was set to move into, the landlady called me a
week before I was supposed to move and said her husband (who co-owns
the building) said no animals, no way, after she had already said yes.
There's another complex near me that is always shouting about how
they're a "pet-friendly" community, so naturally I checked them out.
Rude surprise, here is there "restricted pets" list: "No snakes,
lizards, sugar gliders, flying squirrels, chinchillas, FERRETS
(capitalization mine), reptiles, amphibians, rodents or venomous
animals of any kind."

Oh yeah, that's real "pet-friendly," if by pet you mean "dog or cat
ONLY." Inez, I wish you the best of luck in finding ferret-friendly
housing, let us know how the search turns out. It's hard to believe
there are still so many misinformed people out there.

Rachel and the monsters who just want a place to live!