From:
C & R Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 15:40:13 -0800
I have received several phone calls over the past few weeks about a Ferret
Shelter in Layton, Utah.  It is run by a woman who I have spoken with in
the past and I think her intentions are admirable, she is getting in over
her head.

I just received a phone call from a couple who were looking to adopt
another ferret.  They contacted this shelter and was told by the woman who
runs it, that she had over 150 ferrets in.  When they visited her home,
they found wall to wall cages, filled with ferrets.  While the cages where
clean, the woman after telling the couple that she had the perfect ferret
for them, then refused to part with the pair.  I know this couple, who were
looking to adopt.  The wife works for a vet and has a pair of ferrets.  The
husband is a responsible person and they both make a good income to afford
to take care of four ferrets.  They have no children and are to old to have
any.

IF there is anyone out there who has dealt with this shelter, I would
appreciate your opinions.  If this lady is a collector, she has to be
stopped.  From what I have been told is, she is sent ferrets from Idaho,
Wyoming, and Northern Utah animal controls.  So if you have any knowledge
or recommendations, please contact me.

For those of you who have nothing better to do than stick your nose in
something that you cannot help or have any business with, please don't
waste my time with your off the wall comments.  I want to hear from Utah,
Idaho, and regional people who have done business with this shelter in
Layton, Utah.  I want to hear your opinions.

Thank you,
Rick
United Ferret Organization
668 Union Square #234