Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 13:23:05 -0600
Dervish and I have pretty much got our schedules coordinated.  Her playtime
hours extend past my bedtime, so I usually leave her out when I go to
sleep.  A few hours later (around 5 or 6 in the morning) she crawls into my
bed, wakes me up, and I put her in her cage.  I still don't understand why
she can't just walk into the cage and fall asleep herself...she has to be
placed in there and the latch fastened.  Maybe she just likes being tucked
in. :-)

I never remember doing this.  It took me a while to figure out how she kept
getting into her cage and fastening both the latches behind her...then it
hit me.  Duh.  I've always been able to do things half-asleep, which is
probably a ferret-owner evolutionary thing.

The only problem is when she's been playing in the pot of water I leave out
for her (you, know, "dive for ice cubes") before she comes to be tucked in.
There's nothing comparable to waking up with a cold, wet ferret muzzle in
your ear at five a.m.

Sometimes she falls asleep on her blankie (formerly my boyfriend's
blanket! :-P ) on the couch, and I think she'll stay the night there,
but she always comes upstairs to be put in her cage.

-(TX) Meghan and Great-High-Queen-Sheba Dervish the WonderFerret, the
Cutest Ferret in the Whole Wide World ("I expect a bedtime story tonight")