From:
LvMyPhzBtt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 10:30:34 -0400
Hi, all,

I just wanted to add my .02 cents to the list of ferret dangers that we
don't even think about.

One day I was working on my computer and the ferrets were running loose,
as usual.  I had just gotten out of the shower about 15 minutes earlier
and had hung the towel on the door knob of the bathroom door.  Normally
one would think a quick tug would pull the towel right off, yes?  Well,
I went back into the bathroom for something and found my poor Charles
hanging by his claw on the towel.  He didn't cry out.  He had just twisted
and twisted trying to free himself and he had fear pooped.  The look of
relief on his face when he saw me was obvious.  The poor guy's "finger"
had been twisted and it looked very painful.  The nail hadn't pulled out,
although I think if he'd been left much longer that might have happened.
I don't know how long he had been hanging there, but one minute was one
minute too long.  I held him and gently un-twisted the towel and his
finger, unhooked his nail from the towel and swore to myself never to do
such a thing again.  He seemed fine and all was well.  It's scary to
think of what might have happened had I not gone back into the bathroom.

Just a warning.
Warmest Regards,
Dee