From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 21:50:10 -0400
Hello all.

Scooter's autopsy was done, at least a simple one.  We don't ask for one
but we give our vet permission to do one if she wants, for educational
purposes.  His spleen of course was huge.  That we knew.  There were two
masses on it and one had ruptured so his abdomen had some blood in it.
There was another mass near his stomach.  No wonder he was in pain.  He has
been our only one (we have had 11 cross the bridge up to this point) that
did not have multiple serious ailments and the only one, except Toby (who
died at 2 yr. of age) that still had a beautiful coat.  Poor little sweet
dear.  He is certainly much happier now.

The day that Scooter left us, Misty hurt her paw/shoulder.  Who knows what
she did and sometimes we think it is her paw and sometimes we think it is
her shoulder.  It is not swollen, discolored, out of place, or anything and
it doesn't appear to hurt her when we touch it.  She carries on like normal
except that she has a severe limp and definately favours that side.  We
have kept her in her cage for over a day and that helped somewhat.  Today
she seemed much better.  She must have just sprained something.

We are getting worried about our sweet Benji now.  He is also old and
appears to be getting more tired every day.  He is getting a little thinner
than he should be too.  He still plays and his eating and bathroom habits
are normal.  With all of our losses lately, and him being such an adorable
sweetheart, it is hard to think that maybe he might be next.  Please send
good thoughts and prayers his way, and for Misty too.

Thank you.
Tryntje Miller.