From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 09:40:55 -0400
Ada at <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Ordering meds on line: Either here or in the FHL (or maybe
elsewhere?). (Check the archives of each at
http://listserv.cuny.edu/archives/ferret-search.html
and
http://fhl.sonic-weasel.org )
Someone wrote (about a client?) who tried that (for heartworm
preventatives if memory serves) and the batch was either expired and
ineffective, or incorrectly stored and ineffective, or in some way
defective so the animal came in very ill.  As you can see, I don't
remember details, and I can't think of a short cut for that search
topic.  I guess it's a buyer beware type of thing in that if you aren't
sure the place is reputable your animal could suffer from it, so check
the specific place before trying.  I am not sure exactly where you would
check about whether a place sold bad meds.  Anyone know where to check
for such things for her and for us all?

Sorry that is so convoluted; I didn't get much sleep last night, up much
later than I wanted to be working on assorted family stuff and then phone
calls to us began this a.m. at about 8.

I wasn't clear: the houses that were most severely damaged (some very)
were in the run the NJ tornado had after it set down again 1/2 a mile
away.  Except for some with missing roof sections, trees in them, or such
there wasn't major home damage in it's spin through our complex, but
there was major tree damage here (and certainly elsewhere).