From:
Julie Dowdy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 15:20:20 -0500
I found the post attacking a shelter operator by calling her a "wench"
EXTREMELY uncalled for.  The fact that it was even allowed into the FML
makes me question exactly where the line to cross is.

In all the passionate, hot blooded and sometimes downright immature debates
here, I have never ever seen anyone sink to that level, and if they have,
it was never allowed through.

What in that post was so relevant that calling someone a "wench" was deemed
okay to pass along?

I am extremely disappointed in the judgement call made here.  And shame on
the person who decided a mailing list was a good place to do it.

Julie

[Moderator's note: I'm not going to defend allowing the post other than to
say it was indirect attack at a TV "situation" and I took "wench" to be
a rather generic insult, though, of course, there could be less gentle
meanings.  We've said worse about Hanna, for example.  But yes, it's a
judgement call and I apologize if anyone was offended by my letting it
through.  It wasn't necessarily right to do so -- just judgement.  BIG]