From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 1996 14:03:35 -0400
Hi......Rascal here as usual...bright eyed and bushy tailed

Thought you might like to know what's happening with our new Brudder and
Swister.  Mama changed BeBe's name to May-Wee cause she's such a frail wee
little thing.  Then, apparently the Purina cat chow, that her old Dad was
feeding them, wasn't giving them enough nutrition.  She was extremely weak
and wobbly and was afraid of everything.  So mama started giving her the Fix
everything' soup stuff.....

her recipe is as follows.....
Pedialite liquid with dry Mazuri Ferret Chow.  Blend in blender until
smooth.  Then add more pedialite, Ferretone, mashed bananas, Baby Rice
cereal and a little bit of KMR (milk Replacer for kittens and sick
animals)...blend again until smooth, adding more pedialite as needed to keep
it really juicy.  She doesn't add any baby food...meat flavored... cause we
never liked it.

May-wee was given several spoonsful every hour from the time we got her
until this morning.  She's much more alert now, not wobbly hardly at all,
and actually running with the pack.  She thought maybe they wouldn't take to
the Mazuri ferret chow but they both are eating it like they are starving.
Once a week we used to get this soup mixture as a special treat so yesterday
and this morning everyone had it.  Pogo went nuts with it!  Mama says she
plans on continuing for a week or so every hour for the first 2 days and
then every other hour from then on with May-wee.  She'll fatten up quick on
it.  If there's still not a major improvement by Monday or Tuesday...she
said she'll take her to the lady with the white coat.  In the mean
time...she's peeing and pooping like she should which is a good sign for
sure.  Except she doesn't always get the sand box.  But she does get it
inside the cage which is a great sign, right?

Mama filled our food dish to the top yesterday to see how much would be
missing this morning.  Someone seems to be eating a ton of it, cause
normally Brandy and I only eat about 1/4 of the bowl full per day but this
morning....3/4 of the bowl was empty and I don't mean from digging it out!
Mama saw Pogo and May-wee eating it all night long!  I guess we have a
couple pigs on our hands.  Good thing mama buys it in large quanities, right?

Then this morning...everyone had a bath again!  Mama mixes ferret shampoo or
johnson's Baby shampoo, with Dr. Bonner's peppermint soap and AVON skin so
soft bath oil.  It keeps the fleas away, smells great and makes us really
soft and pretty.  On this special food they both will have smooth and soft
fur within a week.  You would be impressed!  And we all smell so pretty too!
Mama has nursed many a sick baby and May-wee won't be a problem.  I'll keep
you posted as to her progress.  Pogo seems to need to be fattened up a touch
also.  I can hardly wait cause he's already almost as big as I am.  Can you
just imagine if he gets bigger?  He'll actually think he's in charge!  OH
NO!  But never fear...cause I'm the oldest of everyone and I am the BOSS!

Now for the bad news.....both have adjusted quite well.  It's a disaster
scene around here!  Everyone is getting along really good.  In fact, I'm the
big protector of May-wee.  She was in such a great mood this morning that
she threatened Brandy with a war-dance and then promptly stole her stuffed
rabbit!  Oh no!  But she's not too bright as she took it to the bathroom and
hid it behind the toilet.  Well, Brandy knows the bathroom very well, as
it's her favorite hiding place!  We've been playing for 2 hours and all of a
sudden...May-wee went back to the cage, got in the hammock and fell asleep.
Can you believe that?  Yep!  I thought it was pretty strange too, but then
what do I know.  Maybe she's tired.  Mama made the rest of us go in there
with her too (and now all 4 are sleeping in the hammock!) Mama said she was
exhausted from a sleepless night so maybe she would take a short nap too.

Cheer, chuckles, dooks and a howl from the crew.......
Rascal (chief in charge)
Pogo (Wow! look at all these neat things!)
Brandy (it's my rabbit! My Rabbit!)
May-wee (maybe if I give kisses to Mama...she'll leave me alone!)
Lobo (still guarding the gate)
and their mama too!