From:
Jennifer Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:23:07 -0500
My silver mitt has lost most of the color he had when I first got him.
I've had him for 3 and a half years (he's around 4 and a half yrs. old).
He's practically all white aside from a few dark hairs around his neck.
Well, I shouldn't say "white".  Both he and my albino are "yellow" in
color.  I have tried different brands of food, shampoos, etc.-nothing
changes their "yellow" fur.  My sable and dark sables are perfect in color.
What I don't understand is that underneath their "top coat" the fur is
white as can be.  What makes it turn yellow?  They are allowed free roam of
a room (and house when I'm home)-I don't have them in a cage where they sit
in shavings all day and night.  Matter of fact, I did away with shavings a
long time ago thinking that was the cause of the fur color..but still, they
are as yellow as can be...Anyway, that isn't the main concern.  I'm writing
to see if anyone has any thoughts on Geech (the silver mitt).  Just within
the past few months he's been "scruffing" everyone's neck and will not let
go (I mean I have to pry his mouth apart with my fingers).  He never did
this before-he's the sweetest thing.  But now... it's either he's loving
his buddies or making them scream bloody murder.  Also, more recently (as
in the past two weeks) there's been pee around his "area" and he licks it.
All of the other furrbutts are dry-and it's not like he's having trouble
because I've been watching him and he goes without problem (there's plenty
of it).  Geech also has extremely dry skin-it looks like dandruff.  Once
again, all the others do not have a problem.  Upon a vet exam, it was
stated that he might have stones-keep an eye on him.  Has anyone seen this
behavior/urinary/skin problem before?  How can I tell if he has stones and
if so, what can be done about them?  Anyone can reply to me personally..
Thank You!

Jen-Geech, Skeeter, Snickers, Bodie, and Breezy

P.S.  Hi J9!
Hi Judy Cooke: I'm glad to see you're part of the list and my fuzzies
demand that you give Tyson his toad back :-)  Can't wait for my goodies!