From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:10:22 -0600
On Sunday, February 22nd, from 1:30-3:30, ferret owners from all over Kansas
are invited to attend a meeting at the Newton Activity Center - Auditorium
Room West, 5th and Poplar.  There will be a door prize, fundraising items,
and exchange of information and ideas among ferret owners.  This event is
for people only, as current laws could result in unnecessary death of
innocent pets.

Troy Lynn Eckart of Ferret Family Services will discuss current ferret
legislative activities in Kansas as well as other ferret related issues and
Nancy William will sing a tribute to all ferrets that have been killed and
tested for rabies.

Sign up to become a member of our statewide coalition of ferret owners,
Kansas Ferret Owners Coalition (K-FOC).  We encourage area legislators,
health officials, those who work or are interested in animal related fields,
and ferret owners to attend this educational meeting.  We do ask that your
ferrets be kept at home for this event, due to current Kansas law.

We will have a photo contest for categories such as Cutest Ferret, Most
Mischievous, and Most Energetic, so bring plenty of pictures!  Please place
your pictures in a sealable sandwich baggie with your name, address, and
phone number.

For more information on the meeting, please contact Troy Lynn Eckart of
Ferret Family Services 785-456-8FFS (8337) or email [log in to unmask]  For
directions to the activity center please call Dorcus Pointer at (316)
835-2037.

Hugs to all. tle