From:
Diane Hoffmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 09:14:15 -0500
okay guys, I need help ASAP.  In 8 days my husband and I are moving cross
country with our zoo...2 dogs and one 5 1/2 yr old ferret.  We live in
Houston and are moving to Atlanta (in other words, its gonna be HOT).  We
have a pickup with no air conditioner (it has a cap on the back but will
be filled with dogs, crates, suitcase and essential moving stuff so the
ferret/carrier will be in front with us).  Rocket (the ferret) has
cataracts in both eyes and a possible adrenal tumor but is in pretty good
health otherwise.  However, I am concerned about the heat.  I am going to
keep ice packs in the carrier under his towel to try and keep him cool and
will bring a spray bottle to spritz him with as needed.  Any moving tips
you all could give us?  We are stopping one night and will make sure to
bring plenty of food and water but what about his litter box?  It doesnt
fit in his carrier.  Have any of you gone on long trips with your ferrets?
Thanks for any help you can give us!

Diane