From:
christine belsom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:05:27 -0800
Greetings, FML'ers!

Big fat hugs to all the shelter workers out there, and I mean ALL of you.
You make my life worth living; if you weren't out there fighting the Dark
Side by combating neglect and mistreatment of furbutts, I would lose hope
in humanity.  Man is the only animal which messes in its own nest.

I have sort of an unrelated question (BIG if you don't want it in here you
know what to do :)).  I was originally an English major.  When I return
to university this summer, I plan to change to zoology.  This will set me
back (as if I'm not already years behind) a little because of the change
in major.  Are there any English majors who went on to Vet school?  Also,
what's the test you take to get into Vet School called?  I got into Rhodes
and Duke off my ACT/SAT scores (you're thinking why are you in MONROE,
LA?!  Me too.), so I'm not too worried, but I'd still like to do some
research because I hear Vet School is more difficult than Med school.
My dad went through med school, though, so it can't be that hard....;P
He's an OBGYN but he wouldn't let me ultrasound my cat at his office.
(Abdominal probe only, of course...) I was upset.  Heh.

Also, I was a nurse's aide for 11 years (during the summers).  Would that
count sort of as experience for being a Vet Office Assisstant?  I mean,
I'm very familiar with cleaning up messes....;)

Sorry this got so long, but I'm a rather long-winded human.  Mab says I
should chuck the Vet idea and write a book.  I think I might do both.
Mab just doesn't want me trying to diagnose her with stuff.  She already
gets mad when I stop her from eating anything but food.  Thanks everyone!!

love,
Christine
and Mab