From:
denise verstraete <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 23:21:32 -0400
Hello... this is my first time posting.  I have been lurking about and
reading the mailings for about a month now.  But when I saw the post on
multiple ferrets asking how to do it... I had to post.  *Bats away at a
scampering ferret who is going after her sock.*

Well to start off with I have three ferrets.  The first two... Bandit, a
light sable male who weighs over two pounds and Pandora, a silver female
who is small, I bought from someone who no longer could care for them about
two years ago.  At the time I was working full time and also having a part
time job.  Living on my own they became my kiddies.  I adore them and love
them beyond anything I can describe.  *pulls open drawer and puts feet in
up away from little silver ferret demanding playtime.*  I literally aquired
my third, Buster, a sleak dark sable.  At my second job I was showing off
my scrap book of my babies when a customer said her son in law was looking
for a home for his ferret... his wife was allergic.  So I aquired him and a
nice cage.  That was about six months ago.  This last fall I changed jobs
and went back to college... I unfortunatly do not have as much time for my
kiddes as I would like but I still have time for them.  *Scoops up sleeping
ferret and deposits him on her lap.*  Right now Bandit is sleeping on my
lap all streched out and practically falling off.

On a sadder note... *lovingly pets Bandit* Bandit has an enlarged abdomen
and I have taken him to the vet and found that it looks like adrenal and
posibly something else going on in there too.  Because it is so big I have
chosen not to operate.  It is hard knowing I will loose one of my kids.
But I am working on setting up an area for the night time and when I am
away that is single level so he no longer has to climb up and down.  I
can tell it is getting harder for him... *looks down at floor and sees two
ferrets trying very hard to get up on lap with the third*

Well it looks like it is time for me to play and put them to bed.  So I
will keep you posted every once in a while about my little pack and will
keep on reading.  Thank you for all the posts you have given and stories I
have read.  And I understand to all the owners who have watched a beloved
little one cross the rainbow bridge.

Thanks and dooks to all,
Denise and kids, Bandit, Pandora, &  Buster