Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 1995 10:22:29 -0500
To the person looking for a ferret sitter - check in the yellow pages
for a pet sitter. You might also try the business white pages. My wife
and I are starting a pet sitting service and I am putting in the ad that
ferrets are a specialty.  We'll visit the pet's home twice a day for
feeding, watering, and playing with the pet(s).  We will bring small
animals such as rodents or birds into our home (ferrets always welcome)
but prefer to have them in their own homes.  If anyone has had
experience with pet sitting or sitters I would like to hear about it.  I
am also interested in what people are charging or expect to pay for this
service because we haven't set our prices up yet. You can email me
directly until the end of the month at [log in to unmask]

Regarding Totally Ferret, my ferrets love the stuff.  I have three
ferrets, Woody, my almost three year old male,  Arlo, who was adopted
but I think is about two, and Emma, our sweet little girl who is less
than a year old.  All three love Totally Ferret.  Arlo and Emma will eat
almost anything but Woody would not touch Marshall Farms ferret food.
He was raised on Iam's kitten food but I took him off it when they
changed their formula last year.  One thing to consider when choosing
ferret food is the shape.  Pelleted food, such as Science Diet, seems to
get stuck in the roof of their mouths.  Woody had a terrible time with
Science Diet even though he liked the taste.  Since being on the Totally
Ferret all three have beautiful coats.  Woody's coat was looking pretty
sickly at the time we first changed to Totally Ferret.  Friends who run
a local shelter told us he was just blowing his coat but having ferrets
for ten years we had never seen a ferret blow a coat like this before.
However, the next day Woody's new coat came in and it is beautiful. We
had spent the night at the shelter and our friends couldn't believe the
overnight change.  Our friends were right and we worried for nothing.
Woody, as fussy as he is about his food, is the only one of the three
who really likes raisins.  Emma will grab a raisin and run off with it
and then drop it, leaving it for Woody to pick up.  Arlo will sniff at
it but not take it or take it, only to drop it a few feet away.

To the anonymous poster with the two male sables named Woody and Arlo,
you stole my ferret's names :-).  I wanted to name Woody Arlo but my
wife liked the name Woody better.  When we adopted Arlo his name was
Freeway but we changed it.  Arlo was neither litter box trained or leash
trained when we got him but he's great with both now although he still
tries to back out of his harness once in awhile. Arlo is our mellowest
ferret and he gives kisses quite freely so I appointed him my public
relations ferret.  Emma came with her name and we liked it so we never
changed it. She also gives kisses but follows them with a chomp.

Sorry this is so long but I've been lurking on here since issue #1 but
rarely find the time to post.

Gary, Lisa, Woody, Arlo, Emma, and Shelby, our Shetland Sheepdog who
threatens to leave us if we bring one more ferret home.

Item Subject: .signature
Gary D. Connors                                     Hewlett Packard; IT/NOS
(603) 772-1500 x3142 Telnet 772-3142                100 Domain Drive
Email: [log in to unmask] until 1/30/50              Exeter, NH  03833

Face miles and piles of trials with smiles, for it riles them
to believe that you perceive the webs they weave, and keep on
thinking free.     - Justin Hayward of The Moody Blues