From:
Suzanne Duval <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:36:22 EDT
>Yesterday, someone mentioned ferret playpens -- I've been looking at that
>at theferretstore.com for a long, long time...people who have experience
>with it, tell me: do the ferrets ever escape?  I see that center support
>bar, and I'm thinking "Kesef and Snowball will pull themselves right up
>on that and over the top." Hmmm...I'll have to ask theferretstore.com
>people if they'd take it back if it didn't work for us.

Well I have to say that if you keep anything in the playpen they can
climb on it and jump out..  at least one of mine did... I had a box in
there w/holes in it which they love to play in and my little boy Tiki
would go on top of the box and jump to the ledge of the pen and jump out.
Thank God he never go hurt since that is quite a ways down... I heard
bump... and new it right away... so yes they can get out.  but now I
dont' keep anything in there that they can climb on top of and jump
out... so far so good... that solved the problem for now till they figure
out another way... I still think they are good so If I were you I would
purchase one but make sure you don't put anything in it they can use to
get out... that's all.

Suzanne