From:
Heidi Lynne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 04:07:26 -0700
Greetings from the Extreme Weezils!

Shelter ferts vs.  Petstore Ferts.  I have a page on my website dealing
with this exact issue:

http://www.extremeweezils.com/shelterferts.html

Half our ferret clan were purchased from a pet store as kits and the other
half were adopted from a ferret shelter in Seattle, WA [Best Little Rabbit,
Rodent, and Ferret House:

http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org [Hi Sandi!  Raven, Sasha and Basil
couldn't be happier!!!!]

We have the story of how the process went, from the decision to add to our
ferret family to the actual adoption process.  Of course, the rest of our
site has related information and you can contact us anytime at the email
address below...

Quick answer: go to a shelter and just check it out.  You may be pleasantly
suprised at what you find there.

Re: Coat change.  Four out of six of our fuzzies changed their "outfits"
more than once over the past year; sometimes dramatically and within a
short time.  The two that did not, Blitz and Sasha, haven't changed much
at all except for a bit of weight over the winter gained and lost in the
spring ....

Hope this helps.  If everyone reading this list adopted one or two shelter
ferrets in the next six months, the world would be a better place.

Heidi Lynne, Human Representative of the Extreme Weezils
http://www.extremeweezils.com
GET WEEZILIZED!!!