From:
Francine Prager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 1998 02:21:10 -0800
Hello Everybody,
I'm a new subscriber to the FML and the post about Triple F Farms in Sayre,
Pa. caught my eye.

I bought a male panda colored ferret from them at a show in New Jersey this
past summer.  To their credit I will say he came with a ferret information
sheet, his birth date (although I think all 80 or so ferrets they had there
that day had the same birthday-6/23/97) and a record of when his first
distemper shot had been given.  He also came with a "guarantee" that he had
been neutered, descented and was in good health.  Instructions were given as
to what he had been eating,, when he should have additional canine distemper
shots and there was a short paragraph about temperament.

When I got him home, I put him in a cage, let him rest, and later that
evening tried to handle him.  He bit me immediately and then urinated in my
hand.  (I read this, correctly I now believe, that he had little or no human
handling and so was extra gentle with him.) The urinating when he was picked
up stopped within a week or so and the real hard biting within 3 months.

What we have now, at 8 or so months, is a highly intellegent (brilliant, if
I may say so), sweet and loving ferret guy.  He loves to cuddle and give
kisses.  He still "forgets" once in a while and nips our ankles a bit too
hard trying to get us to play, but quickly realizes his mistake and nips
much more gently the next time.

Please don't give up on the biters you may have met that were bred at Triple
F Farms.  When they grow up a bit, they may very well surprise you.

              Fran Prager