Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:02:20 -0500
I have found with having 12 ferrets and 3 skunks in my home the best and
safest to use is white vinegar.  It will take all smells off the floors
along with cleaning it very well.  Occasionally I will use mild bleach.
With a lot of the cleaners the smells are very harsh to your pets noses
too.  Bleach as we all know is strong.  So I use very little when I do
use it.  I like to stick to the vinegar plus it is cheaper than most
cleaners.

Another thing that has been discovered if you use ammonia you will be
getting your pet to have more accidents in the home since when they
urinate once it leaves the body and mixes with the air it has an ammonia
smell drawing a pet to go and mark over the other.  Plus the fumes can be
harmful to your pets sensitive nose.  Remember they have more smelling
sensors in their noses than we do and they can smell all sorts of smells
we as humans can not.

Also if you have something that needs an abrasive baking soda will
usually do the trick.  Hope this helps Robin

I wrote this pertaining to the article below.
Katrina