From:
Todd Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 1996 21:50:53 -0600
Hi, all!  Just wanted to introduce everyone to the newest member of our
family.  Our family already includes 2 dogs, 1 cat, 1 parakeet, 1 hermit
crab, and 4+1 (Look!  Ferret math!!) ferrets ( Ernie[sable, male],
Monkey[silvermitt, male], Sasha[sterling silver, female], Bilbo[sablemitt,
male], and last but not least Draco[black-self angora, male].  If you
haven't figured it out Draco is the new baby.

We have had Draco for about two weeks now and he is just the sweetest ferret
ever.  I waited several months for him to be born and then finally get here
to Texas.  It was so exciting to go and pick him up at the airport and then
to see his fuzzy face looking out of the carrier.  He was definately worth
the wait.  He looks just like a little bear.

Yesterday he went to the vet for his second distemper shot .  Dr. Klein was
looking at him and giving him kisses and he must have thought that she had
extra sweet lips because he took a little bite.:0 He is 10 weeks old and he
weighs 1.25 lbs.  I am so proud of him.  When it was time to pay, the
receptionist offered my little girl a lollipop and Draco said, " I believe I
will" and he chose an orange one.  Needless to say, my daughter now had two
lollipops.  :)

I had worried that he would have trouble adjusting to life with the other
ferrets.  Hah!  They run from him.

Oh, yeah, to the person asking about whether or not ferrets eat on the same
level as their litterbox.  Mine have no problem doing both on the bottom
level.

To all those who have lost a fuzzie our prayers are with you.

Well thanks for listening to this proud fuzzie mom!

Celina