Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 07:12:56 -0400
Hi All,
I was, until recently, owned by six ferrets.  I've lost two this year
alone, and am now down to one ferret.  Don't feel bad for him, he has my
dog (a German shepherd), two cats, as well as my fiance and I to play with.
Actually, the dog and my very large male cat are scared of him, but my
little female cat is his best buddy.  It's so funny to watch them play tag.

Anyway, the reason for the post is that I have lots of extra stuff that I
just can't use anymore.  I would like to offer my cages, litter boxes,
food/water bowls, etc to any shelter that may be near or within about a 2
hour drive from me.  (Sorry I can't go farther, but my truck is in need of
repairs.) I live in Germantown, Maryland.  I will deliver and give them to
a shelter.  Or, if anyone wants to buy them, the money I get for any of
this stuff will go to a shelter.  I'm thinking of doing a yard sale, but
would rather offer what I have to the good folks here first.  I read the
shelter list to see if anyone in my area may be in need, but have not found
one within driving distance.  The cages don't break down, so postage would
be pretty high.  The litter pans (3 or 4) are of various sizes.  The bowls
are ceramic (tan outside, blue inside).  I have a water bottle or two.  I
have 2 smallish cages; sorry, don't have the exact measurements.  One is
for a single ferret, only one level.  Tall enough to hang a hammock.  The
other holds 2 nicely if they get along.  It's 1-1/2 levels.  Has a shelf
with a ramp to the lower level.  Holds a hammock and small litter box as
well as the food/water and room to stretch.  The 3rd cage I have was $300
new.  It's HUGE!  About 4' high, 4-1/2' wide and about 18" deep.  It's
black plastic coated wire.  Missing the bottom tray.  This held all six
ferrets with plenty of room to spare.  You can hang several hammocks from
the different levels.  I have a few toys and a hammock or 2 also.  I just
want this stuff to go to a good home.  If anyone has any leads for me, I
would greatly appreciate it.

Please e-mail me at:  [log in to unmask]

Thanks,
Shelly