From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 2009 19:42:56 -0500
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. Serena and Isabel were doing their
finishing touches to their first crocheted toys. They were so very
proud. They showed they to SaraFerret who admired them (ah whats a few
dropped stitches--de kits at de Kit Place would never notice). She was
gathering all the other crocheted toys up and stacking dem when she saw
Mimi, de little girl courier, fly up with a note in her paw. Mimi said,
"SaraFerret, do you happen to remember a little champagne ferret named
Lily who crossed the Bridge about a month ago. Her mommy Betsy was so
upset by her passing that she forgot to ask for a greeting. I know you
are the one who met her because I delivered the message to you. But
now she wants to know how she is doing"

I took de note and glanced over it again to refresh my memory. Then I
remembered Lily. She was so broken-hearted when she arrived dat she
sobbed on my shoulder for a few minutes. I put my paws around her as it
often happens when fuzzies cross that dey cry. But it seemed dat she
was afraid because she didn't want to be alone; after all she was the
first ferret in her group to be here and she didn't know anyone at all
and it had been so horrible leaving without telling her Mommy good-
bye. I tried to console her telling her dat those cages were sposed to
be de best cages in de world but... accidents happen. Den she asked me
if I would be her friend. I told her it would be an honor to be her
friend, but that I had a group that would be much better for her if
she would be patient for a bit. I recalled giving her wings of pink
with silver tips and then I introduced her to Ozzy, one of de sweetest
elderly gentlement fuzzies I had had de pleasure to meet. He dooked
with a drawl dat would melt de heart of any young fuzzy and he
immediately took young Lily under his paw. He took her down de road to
Canyon Lake Retreat where he introduced her to his group and she was
quite taken with dem esp. when dey had a party all laid out for her,
just for her a stranger in their midst. Of course, dey told her, she
wasn't a stranger, just someone who hadn't been introduced until just
then, I guess those Texas fuzzies have a saying about dat.

So I knew where I had to go to get Lily. I went down de road to Canyon
Lake Retreat and knocked on de door and who should open it but Ozzy. I
asked, "Is Lily here? I have a note that her Mommy wants to know how
she is doing."

Ozzy replied, "Of course, Miss SaraFerret, she is right inside, I'll
get her for you. Do you want to come in and sit a spell?"

"No," I replied. "I best get Lily and get on my way." As Lily came
to de door, I explained what was going on and she got real excited.

So all of us, Lily and Ozzy and a few others included went back up de
road to de Misting Pond and sat down beside de cool clear water. With
one swish she saw a vision of Mommy Betsy, surrounded by Chewy, Merlin,
Deuce, and Freckles appear. She got so excited dat she started waving
and dooking with all of her might.

"I love you so much Mommy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for
rescuing me. I have great friends now and they took me right in and I
am not one bit lonely. I have beautiful wings now and I can fly. I
don't hurt at all; in fact I didn't hurt once I cross the bridge."

Then she began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped dem with all of
her love and laid dem on a nearby shooting star which was headed to
your house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed
dere. And with another swish de vision was gone.

I gave them all a hug. I was invited to go back to dere place for a
party. What better excuse than this. But I knew I had things to do
and more crocheted toys to get ready for de big day. So I said my
good-byes. I knew dat I had placed Lily to a great group was so
happy in her forever home.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter