From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 18:49:00 UTC
I have a six year old sprite, Baby. Two weeks ago Babe was treated for a
urinary blockage (catheterization). After 2 weeks of medication and
antibiotics, Babe still has trouble urinating. She grunts and strains and
only produces a few drops of urine. She is going in tomorrow morning for an
exploratory. My vet suspects a tumor, hopefully an operable one. If there is
no tumor then she said it is probably a nerve problem and she was wondering
if anyone has any experience using Dibenzaline or Bethanecal in ferrets. And
at what dosage? She's used them successfully in cats. Any suggestions would
be appreciated. Surgery is scheduled for 11 a.m. If the turmor is at the
neck of the bladder and she can't remove it all, she said it's possible that
she can remove enough of it to open her up but that it may grow right back
in a week. Anyone have experience with bladder tumors? If it's bad enough I
may have to put her to sleep. Keep her in your thoughts tonight. I can be
reached at [log in to unmask] or at 302-738-0115. Thanks.

Cindy