From:
Chris and Tara Palaski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:58:26 -0400
>Date:    Mon, 16 Jun 1997 06:34:49 -0500
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: EXCUUUUSSSE ME!!!

>I happen to know from experience that AFA is very much involved with
>legislative & Legal Affairs.  As was mentioned in an earlier post AFA was
>one of the first ... to come to Bob's aid and is still actively supporting
>his efforts... Remember: just because an individual or group chooses not to
>be in the direct spotlight does not mean they aren't there!  BTW: the KODO
>incident is far from the only project AFA has been involved in this year.
>[MD]

This seems to be a very standoffish response to us.  We really don't
understand it.  We NEVER said that the AFA did NOTHING for legal issues, we
simply stated that it is involved in MANY other issues.  It was also
mentions that the AFA works slower because it is larger and more involved
than other organizations.  This makes perfect sense to us, but isn't it
really slower because of being involved in SO MANY THINGS.  Don't get us
wrong, we love the AFA, we think it does a GREAT job in ALL that it does,
but that's part of the problem within itself.  We are NOT saying that the
AFA should not be involved, but that there are very specific legal issues
that require a HUGE AMOUNT of time and attention.  And we feel, that an
organization specifically dedicated to these issues would be more effective
in yielding positive legal results.  WE are AFA members and do have
experience as well with the AFA doing good things on the legal front for
ferrets.  I love the idea of a PAC, if that works, GREAT!!  Never heard of
such a thing, but sounds like a really good idea.  Anyway, we were just
putting forth our opinions, I thought that was what this forum was for.  You
wonder why there are so many lurkers out there, it's because when they post,
they get responses like this.  Again, this is just an opinion (Chris is
writing this by the way).

>Really?  I disagree.  Its one of the things they do that they consider most
>important.  Its the gadflies around here that prevent them from telling
>everybody what they are already doing in this area.  I get back to the
>infrastructure thing.  If there are MORE groups than you need MORE of the
>tax and adminstrative work.  Which means more people doing work not directly
>related to the tasks at hand but in the drudgery of support roles.

>Okay, what do you want to do?  Are you willing to volunteer and help?  Cool!

As for Bill and Diane Killian, thanks for being very civil and adult in your
response.  We would LOVE to volunteer time and effort to get things like this
passed.  We believe that this issue should be about the ferrets and nothing
else.  No legal mumbo-jumbo, no bickering, let's get together and fight for
our babies, whether we do it under the name AFA or NFO doesn't matter, let's
JUST DO IT!!  (Sorry, guess I should credit NIKE for that one huh?) The more
we hear bickering ALREADY about his group, the better the PAC idea is
sounding to us!!  BTW, do you think that all the "big" names from LIFE, AFA,
FURO, etc. . . could drop the differences and work together?

Playing with the fuzzies as we type,

Chris and Tara