From:
Sandra King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 02:00:21 EDT
I, personally, look very forward to posts specifically from Doctors
regarding ferret health problems.  Ferret knowlegable vets are somewhat
hard to find, and I end up doing a lot of my own research.  The town that
I lived in before had no ferret vets, but the vet that I worked for was
(fortunately) not too proud to learn, much less from a "layperson".  The
exotics vet in that area had a lady treat her ferret's mast cell tumor for
two years with neosporin--tell you anything?  Anyway, I have relocated
farther south and there are no vets here that seem to know anything about
ferrets.  I work at an animal emergency clinic and the *doctors* ask *me*
what is wrong with the ferret.  To that end, I have collected every ferret
medical book I can get plus every petshop book that I can find (so I can
see where people are getting their sometimes bizarre ideas), and I
desperately look forward to the posts in this forum from the doctors, as
well as others, so that I might have an avenue in which to explore in event
of a tricky situation.  Everything medically related (within reason) that
is posted here, I save to disk for future reference.

I also like reading the lighter side of things, but one day my ferret may
need the information that has been posted here.