From:
Jennifer Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 14:48:38 -0500
I wrote another post about Syd's growth turning out to be cancer.  I
received the call at work and was shocked and in tears.  One of the people
I work with told me the story about his dog's cancer.  Long story short, a
malignant growth was removed from the dog's rear leg, but the cancer
returned in a few months in the form of smaller lumps up and down the same
leg.  The dog had been on steriods, but not helping.  They took the dog to
a holistic vet and tried shark's cartilage and various herbal remedies,
again no success.  His wife came across an article regarding garlic and
studies showing the effectiveness in fighting cancer.  Within weeks the
lumps were greatly reduced.

My question is if anyone has ever tried giving their ferret garlic tablets
(from a nutritional center, not the cooking kind of garlic)?  Any thoughts
of why this would or would not be a good choice for ferrets?  If anyone has
given their ferrets garlic supplements, what would the dose be?  I know
garlic has many positive health attributes for people, but how much is too
much for ferrets, is there too much?

Just wondering!

Jen and Gang