From:
Lynne D Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 1997 22:07:19 -0500
Baby Mista (3 m/o MF sable male) was finally welcomed (with a little
trickery) by Luke and Chuck (4 y/o & 1.5 y.o BEWs f/private breeder).  I was
getting desperate for Mista to be accepted by his peers or just any peer
(you know how it is when your kid comes home from school and says he doesn't
have any friends...) By yesterday, Mista was afraid to let any of the other
fuzzies close enough to further introductions.  I decided, if a little
Ferretone was helpful to introductions, why not try ALOT of ferretone.  I
liberally sprinkled all 3 of them and sat back to watch the ... confusion!
Chuck and Luke leaped forward to reduce Mista to a quivery mass of jello and
instantly stopped in their tracks, with "Gee, you smell terrific!" and
"Where have you been all my life?" expressions.  Instead of the usual Tough
Man contest, they were a very prissy group, daintily fussing and licking and
sniffing, expressing gooey sentiments like "Where did you get that cologne?"
"I just love that scent on you." "You'll look like a million dollars when I
finish scouring you with my tongue." and so on.  Luke did absolutely nothing
to Mista, other than gently follow him around and stare at him.  I think he
figured out this youngster might get his over-energetic son off his back
(literally) so he can chew on Keds and snooze in a corner in peace.  Chuck
is still getting occasionally rough with Mista but mostly plays with him,
relieved to find someone else who wants to stay up as late as he does.

Ferretz Rule, Lynne and Mista ("Mom -- make them STOP licking me.")