From:
"B. Ludt" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:41:54 -0500
Just had to mention one other important "coincidence"....

I mentioned the out-of-state Vet Student on BEN's case in an earlier FML
post.  KATRINA is studying at Michigan's veterinary school but on a 3-week
internship at UF/VMTH.  She has been our daily contact about BEN's progress
while at the Vet School and her ferret-friendly nature was rather evident
upon our first meeting.

Imagine JACKIE's and my surprise when we went to pickup BEN and KATRINA
mentioned she'd enjoyed reading BEN's MESSAGE from the day before with
"his" mention of her!  "What?!!  You read the FML?" "Yep!" Well folks are
you ready for this---BEN's KATRINA is a fellow FMLer!!!

Seems she's been a subscriber to the FML for several years; four of her
five current fuzzies are RESCUES; and when JACKIE asked KATRINA whether
she knew about the infamous Michigan KODO case she replied with: "Sure...I
even made a lot of the ribbons!" WOW!

We were further quite impressed with KATRINA's stressing to us the critical
need for BEN's every 3-4 hour tube feedings 'round-the-clock and making
sure we understood his need for us to keep him hydrated.  It would mean
setting the clock for feedings throughout the night.  If we didn't know
better we'd have sworn she was a Shelter Mom herself!  We could "see"
ourselves in her as she was definitely "preaching to the choir".  KATRINA's
professional as well as personal concern for this special little guy just
all the more endeared her to us!

So we couldn't leave there without a few photos of BEN and KATRINA
together--one of which will soon be on Mike's Ferret Health Care website.

Thanks again--Katrina--for the excellent care and TLC you gave to BEN.
We'll miss having you on BEN's case during his re-assessment visit back
to UF/VMTH next month.  But we'll be sure to stay in touch with you
through his expected full recovery.  It's heartwarming to know another
ferret-friendly veterinarian-in-the-making is successfully moving through
the veterinary medical school system....

For The Ferrets...with Special LOVE from BEN
Barbara and Jackie