From:
Sharon Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 00:26:47 +0000
I live in Charlottesville, Virginia.  There are two Pet Food Discounters,
one Pet Supplies Plus, and a store called the Pet Forum; which sells
ferrets.  Thanks to the Richmond Ferret Rescue League and others, I tend
to rescue, but I buy ferret supplies there.  An albino male has been
there since transported from Marshalls, and he is now 4-5 months old.
Pet Forum has a very compassionate employee there who plays with the
ferrets, but otherwise they live in a glassed in bin that is way too
small.  They charge $99.99 for ferrets, but the little ones are going
quick, and he is not.  It looks like he is biting more, and certainly is
too big to be in that area with the little ones.  There is no way I can
afford him, but the store owners will not lower the price, or consider
putting him in a bigger area, because "we have never had one not sell".
What other options do I have?