From:
mary mewton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jun 2004 17:18:10 -0400
It seems that every day we read about the California people and their
fight to legalize ferrets.  It's a sad state of affairs to be sure.  BUT
did you know that only a short TEN (10) years ago ferrets were illegal
here in Michigan?  December 22nd 1994, ferrets gained their independence.
We are all aware of the people in California fighting for legalization.
People like Jeanne Carley.  But WHO were the people that fought for the
fuzzies here in Michigan?  How long did it take to get ferrets legal?
What kind of problems did they have to overcome?  Well, these questions
and more will be answered at the celebration of ferret freedom.

On November 6th, 2004 a luncheon will be held at the Days Inn in Lansing,
Mi.  The cost of this luncheon is $15.00 per person, with the doors
being opened at 11:00 am , lunch served at 1:00 pm, and the festivities
following until 5:00 pm.  Speakers include (but are not limited to) Micki
Wingate, Gloria Davis, Debbie Miller and Fred Trost.

Though this luncheon is being put together by the Michigan Ferret
Rescue & Adoption Network, we are hoping that ALL ferret owners in the
state of Michigan (and surrounding areas) will attend.  This is your
chance to say "THANK YOU" to those people who gave so much of themselves
so that you can enjoy the freedom you do.

The luncheon is limited to 125 people.  Please rsvp soon so as to not be
left out.  All payments should be sent to:

M/fran
c/o Susan Holland
1929 Charter
Lincoln Park, MI 48146

At the present time we are unable to accept paypal.  As soon as the
account is set up, I will post the information.

Hoping to see a multitude of people there!

Mary Mewton