From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 20:21:19 -0700
Hey All!!!!- I don't think I have posted in about 2-3 monthes- so much
going on in life and with the fuzzies.  I have started to work full time at
the veterinary clinic as an office manager!!  It is way awesome!!  I have
found the group there to be a second family and I actually get up in the
morning WANTING to go to work!!

Anyways- Norman is doing so-so.  This little guy (4.5 yr old MF blaze) had
a kidney and his left adrenal removed last year.  It seems to have come
back to haunt him..  having only one kidney.  After several attempts to
make him strain less when urinating- we did brief surgery- just to take
a look.  Good news actually- everything looked awesome except a slightly
large prostrate and excess fat near the bladder... He's on Clavamox,
because Baytril is way to stressful to give him..  So we'll see.  Dot is
near the dreadful 4 yr old age and she IS starting to slow down.. watching
her close for signs of adrenal.  Popcorn, who had adrenal removed last year
also, is getting bald again..

My question about Lupron is as follows, our vet is just now starting to
look at lupron for treatment in ferts and birds.  I would like to know
1.) what is the dosage most of you are using.  It seems lupron comes in
many forms- a monthly dose, 3-month dose, and six-month dose.  All input
is appreciated.....
2.) I am also looking for any and all web-site/information about medical
opinions concening Lupron..

Thanks in advance..  One mpre great thing!!  A stray fert found his way
into our clinic.  Some boy had found him wandering around outside and took
him home.  The mom let the boy keep him..... in a small litlle canary cage
with corn cobs, papya, and cheep Wal-mart ferret food... The mom finally
got "sick of his stink" and gave him to us.  We washed him up, vaxednated
him, and treated him for ear mites.  I tested him for heartworm to.  We
made a few calls to clients we knew had ferts, no one called back.
needless to say, our 11 hve turned into 12!!  He's a sweet little guy
around 1 year old sable MF.  He's a kisser and loves to be held!
Rescuing is always such an awesome feeling- turning these guy's life
around and watching them evolve is great!!

My total heart felt hugs to those who've lost one of these angels recently
and my best wishes and thought for those of you with sick ones!!

Thanks again for listening to my babble!!!  :)

-Michelle
 and the 12 terrors!!