From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:52:25 -0800
Dear All,

Thank you Kris and Peggy for providing and maintaining the Ferret
Christmas Giving Tree for 2005.  For the past couple years Rocky's had
not participated, because I felt we didn't need to, and that there
were more needy shelters and kids out there.  This year we chose to
participate.  The response was incredibly supportive.  We all loved
the website, and Kris and Peggy you did an excellent job!

I've got a little problem, and it's bothering me big time.  I had a
couple boxes arrive from The Ferret Store, and there was no note inside
as to who sent the goodies.  I had another box arrive, and the return
address was blurred from the snow and rain.  I sent out Thank Yous, and
none have returned.  I'm not even sure that's a service the Post Office
even does these days.  If you sent a box to Rocky's, and were not
acknowledged, please let me know who you are.  I'd love to send a
letter and maybe some pictures.

I saved the boxes for the volunteers to open.  We had so much fun.
Personally, it made my Christmas one of the best ever!  The volunteers
that work so hard, felt the long-reaching arms of generosity and
compassion, meeting them up-front and personal from the loving ferret
community.

I've been a shelter for going on 11 years.  It's always been an uphill
struggle, but we just kept working and doing our best to be of service
to the community here in Maryland.  We've come so far in all those years.
But I'll tell you one thing, it does take a community.

I've been, and will always be, grateful for any person that gives me
one day a year, or thinks enough to send a small donation.  I always
worry about folks that think their small contribution doesn't make a
difference.  IT DOES.  All the small components of generosity and love
add up to success.  We are pro-rescue, pro-adoption.  We thank you all
so much for your support all these years.

I read with great sadness Debi Sadowski's very angry and vengeful public
post yesterday about some individual who's Christmas box did not arrive
in time.  We don't know why the box didn't arrive, maybe it's lost.  Or,
there's some other problem that she and that person needed to privately
address, if she really felt, and apparently does, that important.  <sad>

Debi you anthropomorphized your ferrets.  This was done by the
statements, "..but I never dreamed someone would do something like this!!
Especially to a group of senior ferrets that will never have a FOREVER
home outside of our rescue!  It really burns me that there are people
out there that would do something like this!!" .  Debi, your elder
terminal kids were not short-changed.

Debi, I know you love and care for all the ferrets in your care.  They
don't know whether it's Christmas or the 4th of July.  They did not
suffer any loss.  You apparently did, and are quite bitter.  Please let
it go.  I truly believe that the negative attitude (translated energy) is
transferred to all in your care.

Ferrets are happy creatures.  when rescued from the worst of
circumstances.  You and I, and all shelter moms know this.  That's the
very essence, and most of all, life's lessons, that they teach us.
Learn from them.  How could you be a shelter mom and not have learned
this pure joy from them?

We are shelters, and folks do what they can to help us, when they can.
A small donation is as important as a large.  A person giving a couple
hours a year, is just as important as a regular weekly volunteer.

You and I have chosen to be ferret shelter moms.  No one owes us
anything.  period.  We are not entited to anything, nor is anyone
obligated to us.

I'm so sad for your losses, but they left this world with your love and
care.  That's a lot!

We, as a ferret community, thank you for what you do.  Ferrets don't
know Christmas.  The kits in your care would not have jumped and jived
any more for your attention, or your friends donation.

The one's that you lost, were feeble and ill.  This anger of yours has
nothing to do with your terminally ill ferrets being short-changed,
unless they were feeling your spite and anger when they crossed to the
bridge.  God I hope not, for their sake.

This situation you wrote of, has everything to do with you not
understanding that a box was perhaps lost, and worst case, a
compassionate person spoke too soon, and was unable to deliver.  You
missed the point Debi, she cared enough to give you a good will message
and spirit of support.  Merry Christmas; it was there all the time, and
you didn't see it.  You were looking for a box.

I hope your sweet elderly ill babies never knew your anger and spite when
they passed.  Your ferrets have taught you better than this Debi.

Afffectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs
Rocky's Ferret Rescue and Shelter