From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:27:59 EDT
Jennifer, ferrets have always been "pick up tools" for my boys.  Lol.
One of the biggest things that every happened to my autistic boy happened
when he tried little league baseball.  He bailed out at first.  He was
too scared to approach the dug out that was full of "normal" boys.  I
told him to pick Rocky up into his arms (he was on the ground on a leash
at the time), and just to gradually make his way over there.  I told him
that he didn't have to walk all they way up there, nor say a word.  I
knew what would happen.  Twelve stinkin', sweaty, dirty, little boys with
lit up eyes started to yell out, "HEY, what's that?!  Cool!  My name is
Jimmy", "My name is bobby", "My name is," etc.  lol.  The rest is history
(socially).  My oldest son, has just been trying to break the ice with
girls the past couple of years.  I started putting his Laddie into his
arms and shoving him towards girls.  "Gasp!  Ohhhhhh how cuuuuuuute,
what's his name?!" LOL.  When he's really interested in a funny girl, he
blurts out, "Wanna pet my weasel?"

The ferrets do weed out the riff raff.  I'm not kidding.  Sean drops buds
like hot potatoes if they say negative things about ferrets and animals
as a whole, and if they don't warm up to them with a bit of education.
Chet (my older teen), is having a heck of a time with girls for many
reasons.  It doesn't help when a girl blurts out, "They smell ....".
All done with that girl.  I know it's sounds quirky and picky.  But it
really does say a ton about character when someone goes beyond just
feeling awkward around a new animal or being ignorant, and is negative
or mean in attitude.

Hey.  Wanna tickle my fuzzie?

Wolfy
http://wolfysluv.jacksnet.com