From:
Tony O'Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:28:04 -0000
Hi Bill [and the FML, apparently]

You may be interested to know that I am spending a few hours each week in
an organic herb garden.  This is to find out what herb's can be used as
an alternative medicine for ferrets, since working in this garden I have
found out about five flowers rescue remedy, this has been used for many
years by owners of sick ferret or by ferrets that are just a bit under
the weather.

We all know about Antacid tablets and indigestion, but by using just
a few leaves of Peppermint (Mentha ??) these can do the same as the
tablets, as for Taxus baccata (Yew) the young leaves are crushed and the
sap distilled to make a drug which is hoped to combat cancer, Vinca major
(The common name is Periwinkle) is also being used in the fight to combat
cancer and at the moment people are searching the tropical forests to see
it they can find a plant that will help make a drug to help with the
fight against Aids.  At some point my list of plants will be published.

Thanks Tony