From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:20:28 -0700
>I boldly stride into the hallway looking for the wayward bat while hubby
>cowers in the doorway of the room.  The bat escapes my blanket and flies
>straight at hubby, who screams like a girl and holds the bathrobe up for
>protection.

LOL!!!! Ok...this was GREAT Natalie!  Much better then my story:

My boyfriend, Shawn, found a cricket...yes... a cricket in the house.
He decided to put him back outside where he belongs.  So he scooped him
up on a piece of paper and heads for the back door.  He gets half way
there when my niece politely tells him that the cricket is now on his
arm.  He screams, fails his arms and jumps!  We all busted out laughing!
He eventually got up enough courage to pick the poor guy up again and
"place" him outside.

Now, the funny thing (besides him screaming like a girl) was the fact
that this man (40 years old) is TOUGH!  He lived in the woods for several
months, is an avid hiker and most of all WAS IN THE MARINES!!!  Yep!
MARINE CORP!

Guess the Marine Corp didn't teach the Marines not to be afraid of
crickets!

Maybe for Christmas I will get him a Cricket Cell Phone!  LOL  Ok ok....I
am bad!

Now whenever there is a cricket in the house I look for Shawn's ferret
Tonka.  Tonka is my little Marine...cute but not too bright.  He likes
eating bugs.  He doesn't flip out or run when they move...however he does
scare easy!

Joanne
Crew of 7 plus 10 shelters ones!